Thursday, March 25, 2010

Payday!

Check it:
I'm rich. I got paid, so now I'm swimming in money. Well, that's not true. I'm kind of rich. I mean, I'm a millionaire now. I get invited to fancy parties that take place on stunning skyscraper roofs where they serve cocktails on trays and go swimming in pools with their tuxedos on. I wanted to go out and spend a massive amount of money on a guitar, but ultimately, like this door:the path led to nowhere. I didn't get the guitar because I was indecisive by the time the shop closed. He had an American Standard Telecaster for 700,000 won. That's about $700, which isn't a bad price for an American Standard, but I tried to haggle with him. He wouldn't budge. "No discount. Store closing. 7:30." Man.

I'm still all torn up about it. It was a really sweet ax. I got to play it, and it just left me wanting more. It could be because I hadn't seriously played in so long, but I'd like to think it was love at first sight. But then when the time came to make a decision based on his non-haggling, I just kept thinking, well, I'll have to buy an amp and a strap and a case and blah blah blah, so it'll eventually be really expensive. I should just go in and buy it. I guess there's always next week.

And then, I was going to go to the art store to at least get a canvas and some paints, but of course it was closed by the time I passed by. I am chomping at the bit to get started on this painting, but I suppose it'll have to wait for next week.

In other news, I won't be able to update for a couple of days because I'm headed off to Seoul tomorrow after work for the weekend. I'll be able to update you on Sunday night or Monday. I know, if I had a virtual tissue I would lend it to you. It's going to be very sad for me, too. Trust me. I'll be crying in my beer as I hang out with all the people I haven't seen since orientation. It's going to be just a terrible, awful weekend. I suppose I'll base whether I can afford an ax on how much this weekend costs. I hear Seoul is not cheap. I hope it's not as bad as I fear. I'll let you know.

1 comment:

The Hardest Goodbyes

I had to post twice in a day. It's my final day in Korea and there are so many emotions running through ma veins, through ma brains. I u...