Friday, March 12, 2010

Ok, everybody. I was reading over my latest posts and I realize that they may sound a bit like, "Oh, look at me. I'm the hot shit and I look like Brad Pitt and everybody loves me." Well, if they do, I'm sorry. I'm really not like that in person and I am well aware of how much I don't look like Brad Pitt. Just wanted to clarify that I'm not a pretentious or conceited bastard. I don't even know how to spell conceited without the help of spellcheck. It sure is flattering, though. I've never been the center of attention before so it's all novel to me.

So, more weird dreams last night. I'm not sure if it was the Woody Allen movie I halfway watched or the strange situation change or my uncomfortable bed, but it's kind of freaking me out. Not in a manic depressive way, but it's just...different. It always leaves me a little confused and not very well rested in the morning.

Today was actually pretty good. Those third graders are growing on me for sure. Lunch was decent, and our tea time was extra special because the music teacher made homemade yogurt and brought in an Asian pear. They're like normal pears except more firm like an apple and a lot bigger. Not quite as juicy and messy, but still just as tasty.

I didn't get out of work until 5 today because my co-teacher who I have one class with on Monday was nowhere to be found until 4 and, because of the schedule change, I had no idea which lesson we were on so I couldn't plan anything. It's all gravy now though. Weather and more greetings.

I'm still stuck on some ideas for this afternoon class thing. I have until Monday to think of some, so maybe when I'm downtown tonight sucking down some alcohol I'll come up with some zany ones that'll be just crazy enough to work. I'll probably end up coming up with "Let's learn some dirty words, kids!" or something. Other teachers will be there, so maybe I can just ask them for some advice. It's nice to have a network of ideas to trade.

Hmm, I'm at the point where I'm running out of things to say. Really unlike me, right? Well. Unless some crazy things happen this weekend, I may just fully run out of things to tell you. Damn, Korea went from super exciting and new to routine. I'm not even saying interesting or funny things any more! Sorry, I'll be better next time. I promise. I'm so sorry. Don't whip me, mama! I'll try harder!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Hardest Goodbyes

I had to post twice in a day. It's my final day in Korea and there are so many emotions running through ma veins, through ma brains. I u...