Thursday, July 15, 2010

Only In Dreams...

So, I was on a cruise. A small cruise which just happened to comprise of everyone who plays a prominent role in my life currently. The decor reminded me of a tiny Titanic that was built in a 1930s Bombay shipyard. My friends and I chatted, sipping on mixed drinks at an overly tall mahogany bar when one of them came up to me and said something along the lines of, "Here's a fishing pole."

I headed to the moon washed deck and cast the line, nary a thought about what the outcome would be. Suddenly, I got a strong jerk. A strong, constant jerk that would not relent. It was so strong, in fact, that it had me sliding on the deck, trying to find something to lever myself on. as I fought her, my foe leaped out of the sea and into the moonlight for a split second. "Jesus, that thing must be 900 lbs!" Someone exclaimed. I was determined at that point. I slowly started cranking in the line, click by click. After only a few counts, she wouldn't budge again. I struggled for what seems like an eternity through newly formed stormy weather before someone threw in the towel for me, flicking out a pocket knife. The line snapped with too much ease and the pole struck me in the face. I stood devastated for a while before I woke up.

I'm sure some of you will catch on the hulking, premature symbolism that my brain was trying to communicate in my dream last night. Needless to say, I woke up somewhat depressed this morning, much earlier than my alarm clock. When the alarm went off I did not want to venture out of the minimal comfort of my bed anyway. Ah, life...at least it's Thursday. And my life ain't so bad.

Let's see. What's new? I was to have zero classes yesterday, but instead I got four. I have everything somewhat planned for my camps by now, but I could definitely do more. This afternoon I opted to look at a website with the likes of the following...

...instead of working on things I probably should have. It's a pretty funny site if you have an hour to kill. pbfcomics.com. In other news, tomorrow is Friday and the clock is ticking down to summer vacation. 23 days and counting! Whee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Hardest Goodbyes

I had to post twice in a day. It's my final day in Korea and there are so many emotions running through ma veins, through ma brains. I u...