Thursday, July 29, 2010

Check My Industriousness Out

I want to take a moment to apologize for not having any pictures recently. I have not been taking many at all. My life has fallen into the average category and all the things that may be deemed "weird" to you 외국인 back home has just become blasé for me. Everyday occurrence.

Now, I'd like to retract that apology because I posted two days in a row. Yeeaah, boyee.

Let's talk about buses for a minute. This week I have had the honor and privilege of riding the bus two times a day for my work commute and I have something to say regarding it. If you are standing on the bus in Korea, expect a core body work out. Beats pilates any day. Every bus driver seems to get an ecstatic high from peeling out whenever accelerating and stopping on a dime when braking. Depending on how you swing it, you could tone your arm muscles by holding on to the bar above your head, or you could shift your focus to your abs to stop you from careening through the front windshield every time he stops.

Now, let's move on to the crazy co-teacher I mentioned yesterday. Today, she again thought it would be more important to be absent for half the day and then show up only to draw elaborate English words on the board. She erased pertinent phrases I had written on the board to do so. I had to erase her ludicrous words to use any part of the board during my lesson. What a crack pot. She put her guitar by my desk in an ever-so-suggestive way in the afternoon, but I slipped out before she had the chance to formally ask me to teach her how to play. Now if I can just get through tomorrow without her whipping it out on me, I am golden.

In other news, I went to the eye doctor after school today. Got the ol' eye exam going. The woman who administered it was just tickled pink every time I reacted to what she was doing. For those of you who get eye exams, you will painstakingly remember the part where they blow the air in your eye. She couldn't even contain herself when I reacted, as one does normally, to this procedure. She lost it. Maybe it's because I'm just so durned handsome. I'm gonna go with that.

Anyway, I am all set as far as eyewear for vacation and the next six months in Korea. Too happy. When I should be saving my pennies for vacation, I've gone off the deep end with shopping. On Monday, I bought a pair of Birkenstocks (yeah, I'm turning into that guy) and a pair of Nike kicks. Guess how much. For both, a grand total of $115. I think the Nikes alone would cost that back home and the Birkenstocks would not be far behind. I couldn't resist. Then, yesterday I went shopping at E-Mart(uh) and bought some pants, a couple shirts, and some oh-so-comfy socks. Woe is me. I have fallen in love with material possessions. I'd imagine when I come home, you guys will be like, "What the hell are you wearing?" Well, I'll have you know that I am the trendiest
외국인 on the block here. Maybe I just love the 80s fashion too much.

Also, as you can see, I have taken the approach of sprinkling some Korean into my posts without an English guide to help you. This is a "build a man a fire, he's warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he's warm for the rest of his life" type of lesson. If you want to know what I'm saying, plug those babies into Google translate and I bet you'll remember it a lot easier than if I spoon feed you. You ain' no bebe.

Or, you could just guess. Hmm,
외국인 must mean...obese rabbit. Aaaaaannnndddd Korean has no plurals, so you'll just have to guess at whether I'm saying a singular or plural statement. Good luck, and God speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Hardest Goodbyes

I had to post twice in a day. It's my final day in Korea and there are so many emotions running through ma veins, through ma brains. I u...