Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday, America

Happy 234th birthday, America. Have a beer. You deserve one. You've been through a lot of rough patches lately, and today's the day to kick off your shoes and rest them on your brand new ottoman while 400 million of your children get drunk and light things on fire. I know I did my duty as an American abroad.

Yeah, I know I've lost all credibility when I'm late congratulating America on her own birthday. I was even so ashamed that I changed the date of the post back to the 4th like I'm a good American or something. How did my life end up like this!? I used to be so prudent, blogging more days out of the month than not. I didn't even break double digits in June. What's wrong with me?

Like America and her downward spiral of self destruction, I too feel a cathartic life change is warranted pretty damn soon. Not something as big as moving to a different country (psh, that's just crazy talk), but something in the way of lifestyle. I feel that perhaps my Korean learned hedonism has put me on the fast track to 1) an early death and/or 2) a future as Jeff Lebowski. The first step is becoming less lazy.

Laziness has plagued me for years. Ever since, probably, puberty. Late middle school is when I stopped doing homework so much, when I stopped playing baseball, etc. My laziness became a way of life. Even my decision of where to go to college was based on laziness. I didn't pay my taxes on time out of pure laziness. I'll get excited about something new for a little while and do it a lot, but then the laziness starts taking hold. If you made a chart of how many blog posts I've made since the inception of World Class Flaneur, you can see how this general trend plays itself out. Somebody kick me in the ass so I at least clean my apartment periodically and exercise. Two biggest problems for me. Uncleanliness and lack of exercise. I'm a real lady killer with that combination.

I'll try and update (separately, as to up my post count) about my weekend later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Hardest Goodbyes

I had to post twice in a day. It's my final day in Korea and there are so many emotions running through ma veins, through ma brains. I u...