Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Northsquire Bay



So, today was General Mosby's last ride. I told myself I wouldn't cry. Give me a minute to compose myself. Don't worry, that General Mosby tribute post is coming probably Monday-ish. Set your watch to it.

Today was our hiking day. Is every Sunday hiking day? You make the call. We drove across highway, city, and bay water to get to the Mount Tamalpais (pronounced Tam-ahl-peepeepoopoo-pious) State Park, which has commanding views over the San Francisco Bay area:

Gward! It never captures the majesty you see in person. Whatever.

Anyway, before visiting Mount Tam, we went to the Golden Gate overlook area to get a picture (coming Monday with the tribute) and we stumbled upon Rodeo Beach on the Pacific coast. It was very nice, and the waves were record settingly large. So large, in fact, that they caught me off guard when I was trying to just take a picture of me and the sea:
Anyway, total wipe out. My shoes were soaked the rest of the day. On the positive side, it was warm or even hot and it was February! I can't get over that, even though I've been on the West Coast for almost a week now. So warm here! Ok, I might be rubbing it in a little bit. But hey, keep in mind I'm about to embark on a foreign dignitary mission to South Korea. where the Siberian winds blow cold. I'm living it up before I get stuck in extended Winter land.

Mt. Tamalpais is a great park to go hiking in. There are so many options, because everyone else is probably stuck looking for a parking spot in Muir Woods down in the lower elevations. Thus, you can hike for quite a while without having to share the trail with some stoner loser who thinks he's the greatest thing since Kurt Vonnegut. I hated that in Virginia. Way too many Kurt Vonneguts.

Uncle Dennis and Judy cooked a wonderful Eye-talian dinner consisting of that hooker sauce (you Italians know the one), some pasta, ahi tuna, and copious amounts of wine. We watched the Olympics for a while and now I'm retiring to bed. Bye. Thanks for stopping...by. Let me know if I missed anything important. America...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Hardest Goodbyes

I had to post twice in a day. It's my final day in Korea and there are so many emotions running through ma veins, through ma brains. I u...