Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Epic Road Trip Extravaganza Winter 2010 Gala Celebration Party Oh-Ten Day 12



Day 12 was epic.

When we awoke, Kristen called Continental to see if there was a chance of getting her flight changed, and it just so happened that there was an opening for today out of LAX. So, our morning was a bit quicker paced than originally planned and we got to experience the joys of LA traffic on the way to the airport. We planned for it though, and I got Kristen to the airport in plenty of time.

Our goodbye was succinct and effective, and with a quick hug I said goodbye to both my road trip buddy and 75% of my blog readership.

General Mosby and I trudged on out of LAX and up Rt. 1. It was a gorgeous, sunny day and I got my first glimpse of the Pacific Ocean, sort of symbolizing my completion of going across the country.

I look like such a goober in this picture.

Rt. 1 North is an exceptionally beautiful drive for the first 45 minutes into Oxnard. After that, it gets confusing and you have to begrudgingly merge onto 101 for several miles before picking 1 back up. At one point I got on a road that was supposed to be 154 West, but was obviously going East. Eventually I climbed a mountain, much to the dismay of those behind me, and was rewarded with breathtaking views of mountains and a lake that I cannot describe. Thus, here's a picture:
I have to admit, it was a little strange flying solo up to this point. But after seeing something that breathtaking and handling it well and silently, I knew I'd be ok.

Eventually, the road snaked around and was properly going West, and it turned out to be just a big crescent, as I got back onto 101 after getting off of it onto this road. I eventually meandered through wineries (not going into any, stupidly in retrospect) and ended up checking into the Motel 6 at Pismo Beach. This puts me a day early, and I will most likely end up at my Uncle's tomorrow some time. According to Google Maps, my chosen route up to Moraga will take 6.5 hours.

Let's see if I can do it in 8.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, wait a minute! How does Kristen's readership add up to 75%, leaving both Soheil AND my readership adding up to only a mere 25%??? I read your blog as soon as you post it, mutha trucka! I want more credit!

    Anyway, aside from that, I'm really enjoying peepin' all your roadie pics. It'll take me a while since there a quite a few, but it'll give me something to do whilst I'm trapped in my apartment during snowmageddon #2.

    Keep having an amazing time, brother!

    ReplyDelete

The Hardest Goodbyes

I had to post twice in a day. It's my final day in Korea and there are so many emotions running through ma veins, through ma brains. I u...