Tuesday, December 21, 2010

World Class City and SantaCon

Here is a link to the "Top 10 Places to Visit in 2011." Guess which city is on the list. Go on, guess. The 10th one, the one just making the cut, the oddest and least-heard-of one present: you guessed it. My town. Daegu. I have to give props to my friend Veronica for making me aware of this list. She has an excellent blog and is a talented photographer to boot. You can find her blog here. Buy her a cookie or something.

What I originally came here to talk to you about is how I spent my time after Seodaemun Prison (see last post, lazy). I present to you...SANTACON!See hundreds of smashed foreigners blurrily stumbling down a well lit Korean street donning Santa costumes and singing inappropriate versions of classic Christmas carols that nobody around can understand because the foreigners are mumbling them. Behold the majesty.

Eventually we parted from the group as it was loud and cumbersome to be a part of and accommodate. We found ourselves in the rather lively park in Hongdae witnessing both a silent disco and a live music concert happening simultaneously. There was a roof and jello shots for Greenpeace and a Dutch guy? It was revelrous and fun and I hope to get back to Seoul one more time before departing this peninsula for a month at home.

That's it for this edition of World Class Flaneur. I'm living up to my name, aren't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Hardest Goodbyes

I had to post twice in a day. It's my final day in Korea and there are so many emotions running through ma veins, through ma brains. I u...