Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Gwarsh

So what do you do when a bug flies out of your cereal box as you're pouring yourself a bowl? Do you stop pouring and perhaps toss the box? Well, maybe in America where everything is dandelions and butterscotch...

Do I have anything for you today? Not really. Today I was reminded again how socially acceptable it is to yell out "Waegooken!" when you see someone who's not Korean. What if every time we saw an Asian or a Mexican in America we yelled, "Oh, foreigner!" Not only would you eventually lose your voice, it would not fly very far with the politically correct atmosphere. I mean, I can obviously hear you. The word "waegooken" is not some Korean secret. Where is the tact? Oh, that's right. Korea doesn't have any. I can't imagine how bad the black folks have it here.

I don't shave for one day, and suddenly I'm Grizzly Adams to the Koreans. Oh well. I don't cayah! It's my hot body, I do what I want.

So since I have no real news, I'm going to just post pictures that I haven't shown you before from my almost two month adventure in Korea thus far:
Ok, let's go ahead and get the lack of subtlety pics out of the way. This first one is the most subtle. You have to know Hangeul to get it. This is a hotel. It says "Top" then has a wine glass, then it says "Tael" in Hangeul. So it's a hotel called "Top Tael." I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but it's funny either way.This lingerie store pic doesn't need a caption.
Who sticks their fingers into their coffee as they're drinking it, as it's obviously burning them by the redness depicted? It's a little masochistic, no? Is that a pill in his other hand?

For when your woman gets dirty. "To love is to receive a glimpse of heaven. Love is stronger than pride." Ok, so, what does that have to do with cleaning your woman? Segue pic from Bulguksa Temple:Did you notice that I have the color accent setting on yellow, and their skin is still in color? I bet you did, you racist. You're going to Hell. I guess that's just payback for yelling out "waegooken!" when I pass by, Korea. We're even. The next three were taken in or around bars:
Was I in Korea at any time even near Christmas? Hmm, I arrived on February 17th, so that's the earliest I could have taken this pic. Plenty of time to take down the decorations, guys. Oh, and don't bother trying to order any of those bottles shown up there. Those are to show patrons what the bar doesn't have. This bar is made from a bus. An actual bus. How cool is that? They installed a bus into this building. I couldn't get a pic of the whole thing because it's in a tight quartered alley. Guess what it's called. No, it's not called The Rice Grinder, stupid, it's called The Bus. Ok, Korea has this weird thing where when a store has a grand opening, they hire girls to dance to loud techno music outside of it. All day. This pic was taken at 9 PM. The crowds have dispersed, nobody cares any more (besides me), and they're still at it. And they were into it, too. The store that just opened is some Korean restaurant. And a cheap one! Whatever it's selling is only a dollar fifty. Probably gristled pork bits or something. Still, those girls are selling it. They had a light show. That's all I'm saying.

This post turned out to be a lot more fun than I thought it would be going into it. Thanks. I'll update again soon, as I only have one class tomorrow and my other classes this week are already planned for. Or, that could mean that I'm extra bored and nothing exciting is happening. I'll choose later. Joke's on you either way.

1 comment:

  1. We have to hit up The Bus bar when I come visit. Next time take a video of the dancing gals and post it. It looks really entertaining!

    ReplyDelete

The Hardest Goodbyes

I had to post twice in a day. It's my final day in Korea and there are so many emotions running through ma veins, through ma brains. I u...