Saturday, January 9, 2010


Warning: boring blog post coming up. Even I, the glorious Khan, can produce drivel.

So, I finished my second to last week of work. In an unparalleled act of intelligence, my replacement started yesterday. I have been training him all god damn day on both of the past two work days. He seems like a nice guy. His name is Al Tripperton* and he lives at 4235 Willow Onyx Terrace in Flattsville, TP 78901.** He loves hiking in moon boots. His favorite food is grilled praline sausage with brussel sprouts. Sometimes he'll go out of his way to tear the edges off of paper signs. He has a hot and cold relationship with his mother. It's going to be a sharp learning curve once the boss gets back on Monday and we actually have to do work, but I think he can get it.

He had this "all work and no play" mentality when he came in for his first day at Super Secret Work Location 2.0, but I quickly beat it out of him with my spreadsheets and CAFM program. Now he thinks his boss is a lunatic and everything is broken. All is right in the world.

I also emailed Joyce today and she said that my contract will be in the mail next week. That's a far cry from what she originally told me, but I learned not to trust the Koreans a while ago. Originally, it was 3 weeks from when I mailed my shit in October, then it was "December" then it was "between Christmas and New Years" and now it's "next week." I guess she wasn't that far off if you're comatose. Oh well, C'est la vie, I say.

I suppose that is all for now. Glorious day to you all, all zero of you.

*Not his real name
**His real address, I swear to Bob. Write him a letter or go visit him there.

3 comments:

The Hardest Goodbyes

I had to post twice in a day. It's my final day in Korea and there are so many emotions running through ma veins, through ma brains. I u...