Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Update

Ok, so I'm a terrible person. I was going to roll out this big ol' blog with all sorts of super posts on how awesome my friends are, how awesome my family is, and what I've been doing and where I've been sleeping in the past two weeks. Well, I didn't get around to it yet. I'm planning on it in the future, but you know me and plans. We sometimes get into fist fights. Anyway, the reasons for me being such a blog loser are many, and most of them are my fault. Some of them are Pat Sajak's fault. So, instead of dwelling on my ineptitudinousness, I'm just going to move on.

To sum up: I'm living with me ma and grandma, I've been getting everything ready for the massive undertaking I'm about to embark upon in two days, I've been crying at the heavier goodbyes, I've been eating well, I've been drinking a lot (not one of the reasons I haven't gotten around to blogging, just a regular pastime of mine), and I've been spending time with the fam.

As for events that I have been taking part in: I have taken my grandmother to her various doctor appointments, I booked my flight on Korean Air, I got my E-2 visa, I got some lunch with a couple of my former coworkers, I had a couple more goodbye thingies (they are getting to be a dime a dozen here, but hey, I have a lot of people that I care about and want to say, "Hey, see you later on down the road, partner," to), I got my car checked out, I went wine tasting, I saw Avatar again, and I've generally been putting my possessions into two piles--the "this shit is going with me" pile, and the "I don't need this crap anymore" pile. Eventually, I will pack the former pile into a couple of bags and call it well-planned. I'll probably be grossly unprepared when I arrive in Incheon on the 17th.

The other thing that is happening is that the sense of urgency has hit. I sort of waddled around here for a week enjoying not working before yesterday when I realized I only had three days left to prepare everything. The everything I am speaking of is not too terribly daunting, but it does take some time and I need to get this shit rolling pretty fast. I leave for my "Epic Road Trip Extravaganza Winter 2010 Gala Celebration Party Oh-Ten" on Thursday morn. That means all my shit has to be in order by Wednesday night...two nights away. I got this, hoss, back off. Gimme a minute.

So, I am diligently printing things out, silently pushing the things I don't plan on finishing but should finish under the rug while pointing out something really bizarre going on behind you, and generally freaking out. But like I said, hoss, I got this. If you touch me again I'm going to send you home in several paper bags.

You may have noticed that there is an abundant lack of pictures. That is to exemplify my lack of preparedness when it comes to anything important to me. Actually, it's because my family's computer is not memory card friendly and I just can't be bothered right now. Don't worry, faithful servants...er, readers, I can be bothered when I get to Korea. Proooooooomiiiiiise! Road trip update coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Hardest Goodbyes

I had to post twice in a day. It's my final day in Korea and there are so many emotions running through ma veins, through ma brains. I u...