Friday, January 29, 2010

Epic Road Trip Extravaganza Winter 2010 Gala Celebration Party Oh-Ten Day 1




So Soheil owes me a punch in the face the next time he sees me. General Mosby (my Volvo) made it to Nashville like a champ, and she even had enough juice to drive us around whilst lost and afterward downtown.

The trip began with the hardest goodbyes of all, my mother and nana, sounding a bittersweet starting gun. The open road lifted my spirits though, and before too long Kristen and I were rolling at never more than 75 mph toward Tennessee.

I almost repeated history with my camera. At the Tennessee border crossing, I stupidly decided to put the timer on the camera so we could both be in the picture and placed it on the hood of my car. STUPID. Anyway, a maniacal truck whizzed by and it fell onto the open road. My heart fell with it. When I picked it up, however, it was fine except for a few new scratches (it adds character). It kept on ticking.

In Nashville, we stopped at the place I've frequented before. I don't remember the name, but it's got Southern people in it. That's not much help, is it? Well, screw you, buddy. Then we waited for someone to bait us into their bar, and one did. We struck up a conversation with the bouncer and walked in to a great country cover band. They took requests, and the female lead singer had some great chops. I don't like most country music, but this stuff at least kept our feet tapping.

We turned in early like old people to get a fresh start for...DAY 2!! Go, General Mosby, go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Hardest Goodbyes

I had to post twice in a day. It's my final day in Korea and there are so many emotions running through ma veins, through ma brains. I u...