Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Marchee Madness

This post has more than one objective. First, I want to relate to you my weekend in some disjointed way. So, I should really begin with my Saturday. I have no adequate pictures of the actual event, so I took this one of Tarzan with a monkey to subsidize it. Saturday marked the day after the 30th anniversary of a friend's birth, so we headed to Herb Hillz (read: Herb-euh Hill-jeuh), the eco-theme park in Southern Daegu. The relevance of the preceding Tarzan/monkey vine swinging paper mache statue is that the big draw in Herb Hillz (when herbs are not sprouting out of the dirt) is the eco-challenge. No, not some bullshit Captain Planet "recycling saves kittens" scheme, but a physical challenge involving rope climbing, zip lining, and pedaling a bike along a narrow platform 50 feet above the ground.

Of course, you are strapped in as though you are climbing the Aggrocrag, but it's still quite fun and, at times, scary. Indeed, by the end of it, the endorphin rush I got forced a smile to my otherwise stolid or scowling face.


The second objective is to point out two funny things I saw, also on Saturday. The first was at Herb Hillz (read: Herb-euh Hill-jeuh, remember?). Here you go:


Clearly, they are attempting Superman, but what makes it work on a whole new level is that "sopa" is the Korean word for "sofa" because they can't pronounce F. So, the obese female cut out clearly just needs help getting her fat ass off the couch for the pizza delivery guy. And I'm totally stealing Sopaman's line the next time someone asks me for help. "Hey, girl OK!"


The second was at a friend's apartment. Yesssss:


I, too, am anti-calculus. I assume that with the application of this paste, you become impervious to functions. Now, before we run away with this one, we should be aware that calculus can also mean tartar, and that was obviously the intention here. However, if you ever see an American toothpaste with "anti-calculus" on it, please let me know and I'll kick my own teeth in (and all the calculus that comes with them). It seems more like a political statement than a feature, doesn't it? This toothpaste is pro-subsidized healthcare, anti-communism, and anti-calculus


On Sunday, I didn't even get dressed. That's how I roll.


Ugh, I have a food baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Hardest Goodbyes

I had to post twice in a day. It's my final day in Korea and there are so many emotions running through ma veins, through ma brains. I u...