Thursday, March 3, 2011

Blasts From The Past

Ladies, ladies, ladies. I'm about to disclose some information to you. Before I do, and before you get on your preachy soap box about how I could be doing more important things with my time, let me remind you of the hours you spend in front of the mirror applying make-up for God-knows-what reason. There, I feel more justified with my actions. I, friends and family, bought one of these: What is that, you ask? It's a Playstation 3. Don't gimme no lip. I'll list the reasons why I bought it.

1. I can play video games. New ones that are shiny and include lots and lots of gratuitous violence.

2. I can stream media from my laptop to my Playstation/crappy crappy TV (pictured here:)
via wireless internets. How spiffy is that?

3. It's a money saver! Yes, it cost money to buy, but now that I have it, instead of going out to drink all the time, I can stay in and drink all the time! Whee!

4. No more pesky friends!
5. Works great as a bookend for all those books that I'll never read now that I have a Playstation.

6. It is powered by enriched uranium.
7. Outside? What's that?

Ok, ok, I'm exaggerating. I'm not a game crazy kid (anymore), and can honestly say I've logged about two hours on the thing since I bought it a few days ago.

The main reason for this blog post, nestled in the fluff I have already presented to you, is to inform you of a blast from the past. Did I spend last night playing that expensive new gadget I bought? No, I spent last night playing Super Nintendo games with a free emulator on my laptop. It wasn't even my idea. My friend downloaded it onto my computer without my knowledge or consent. He does that sometimes. The only consolation is that I hooked up my PS3 controller to it. Anyone remember this gem?:
Or this one?:
I hated Dragon Chan more than brussel sprouts. Ah, the memories. I'm personally excited to bust out Sim City and Super Mario World or something...but I should really consider spending time with people/away from a screen.
I guess my next purchase, after I figure out how to send those SNES games to my Playstation (for free, of course), is a TV. Damn...then I'll never go outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Hardest Goodbyes

I had to post twice in a day. It's my final day in Korea and there are so many emotions running through ma veins, through ma brains. I u...