Monday, October 18, 2010

PACECISTS Unite!

My weekend was not worth mentioning besides the fact that I spent it with friends and they did a wonderful job of keeping my hopes high and the future looking bright. Instead of talking about that (sorry, guys and gals), I am going to mention the little things that pop up in my head from time to time. The little things that matter more than whatever I was doing at 9:43 PM on Friday.

Having a shower that gives me the freedom to do all my bathroom rituals simultaneously, my thought process has turned from lazy to absurd. I now wish there was a way that I could dry myself and get dressed for work while still in the shower. On these chilly October mornings, the shower feels so good when the temperature is slightly too hot. I make excuses to stay in there for longer. "Oh, I missed washing my left inner ankle, I better rewash my entire body for five more minutes."

Stray cats are a blessing in disguise. They are an indicator of coming weather patterns, they can show you to free food, and they are a great source of entertainment. As I walked home last night, I saw three stray cats playfully batting at each other. Someone turned on the proverbial waterworks. Oh, life is so precious, isn't it? I think life needs more stray cats. I'm going to start a coalition of some sort. Persons Against Confining or Euthanizing Cats Instead of Setting Them Stray. PACECISTS. I like it. You can donate through the Paypal link below:

Paypal - Donate Now!

Doing my laundry is kind of like the war on drugs. It's dirty, messy, nobody is ever going to win and I'm pretty sure there are backroom deals being made to keep it going forever. Having to hang dry my clothes limits the number of loads of laundry I can do a week. I can get two in if I'm really industrious and the weather allows (I just listen to the stray cats). Now think about it. Between completing loads, I am wearing clothes. Sometimes multiple items (sometimes just underwear [sorry for the mental image]). These items get dirty, and for every week I spend doing laundry, another load gets added to the list. That's just clothes. What about washing my sheets, my towels, my place mats? As you can see, this method of washing just doesn't seem to be compatible with my lifestyle. And don't even get me started on how poorly my washing machine completes its job.


Why does it seem like there's always a catch when it comes to my school lunches? Are you looking forward to those fried fish filets? Well watch out, because they have bones all up in them! That soup looks mildly attractive, doesn't it? Too bad it's SPICY AS HELL. You want some drinking yogurt? How about two? Put it back! You can only have one! But have as much rice as you want. That fruit looks like it is tasty. Oh, we put it in the garbage for a week before serving it to you. Those lunch ladies have a vendetta against me for some reason.

I guess life is full of surprises. Life, always chucking surprises at me. Well, I'm gonna start chucking something resembling an overflowing toilet that many Mexican construction workers have used recently back at life. See how life likes that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Hardest Goodbyes

I had to post twice in a day. It's my final day in Korea and there are so many emotions running through ma veins, through ma brains. I u...