Sunday, October 31, 2010

I win!

There, I got a ninth in...kind of...by cheating...except that there really are no rules and I can pretty much do what I want on this whole blog thing. Well, according to my rules (absolute power corrupts absolutely, mwahahaha), I made it to nine blog posts in October. I was considering stopping at seven. You know, so when you look over at the archives it says October (7)...like my birthday?

Actually, I feel pretty useless as a human being since I can't even update my blog with anything interesting in a full week. On the weekend of Halloween, no less! I am a disgrace to thrill seeking expats everywhere. Take me out to the pasture and put a steel rod in my head, why don'chya?

You're mad at me. I can tell. I know, I know. It's Halloween and I should have been out partying with the best of them, and I kind of was, but not full on debauchery style: dressed in a costume that either cost $300 or that I spent 6 hours making, doing shots off the sexy bartender and kicking the crap out of the school quarterback that everyone tolerates but nobody really likes. It was more subdued, and I was actually one of the two or three douche bags who didn't dress up in a bar full of people who did dress up. My douchiness was felt all over the bar.

How are the elections going? I haven't been paying attention too much because none of it really pertains to me since Virginia doesn't have any race going on (does the House really count? Really?). The only thing interesting is this from the New York gubernatorial race:




I would vote for this guy. At least he's got some sense. Sure he may suffer from PTSD as a result of Vietnam, but hey, is he really worse than any of the "real" politicians we put in office? Honestly.

Honestly. I'm glad to be away from all that garbage. Politics ruled the D.C. area (obviously), and I was sick and tired of it. Hearing everyone's nonsensical opinions on why they don't like this guy or do like that guy. Here, I can't understand the politics because it's in a foreign language. I can't understand idiots on the metro having conversations that make you doubt the future of mankind. I can't understand when I'm being made fun of in public. Ignorance is bliss.

Maybe I need to make something happen in order to have an eventful blog post. I think that was the idea when I started this thing, but it has just trailed off into stupidity and the daily routine. Spice it up a bit, Holcomb!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Hardest Goodbyes

I had to post twice in a day. It's my final day in Korea and there are so many emotions running through ma veins, through ma brains. I u...