Wednesday, October 27, 2010

너무 추워

Give me a minute to catch my breath.

What the hell, God!? What gives? Two weeks ago it was pleasant enough. I didn't need a coat to go outside. I could generally navigate my apartment in comfort. Now--psh--now I need a heavy wool coat (the most expensive piece of clothing I've ever bought) just to go outside. I've contemplated turning the heat on. I can see my breath and the wind is biting. 너무 추워!

I calculated based on when it began getting warm in spring, and I've only got six months to go before it starts getting warm. Wait. SIX!? That doesn't work out right! November, December, January, February, March, April. So we get about six months of cold weather, a month combined of warm weather, then five months of ridiculously hot weather. Hmm, why does Korea advertise themselves as having four seasons? That seems like two seasons and a garnish.

In other news, guess who's gonna be Little Red Riding Hood in this play that the Daegu College of Education is putting on in English for all the little childrens. Guess blindly as I slowly bring two thumbs up to point at my own dastardly smiling face and proclaim, "This guy!" Yeah, two showings in November of a play that I will have helped write involving a fairy tale mash-up a-la Shrek, but designed for kids who don't really speak good English. I hope we get noticed by the Tony Awards. I'm planning on making it big with this one. Banking on it. Investing my life savings on it (ha, what life savings?). Seriously, who else here can say that they've had their bank charge an overdraft fee on their savings account because a $4 maintenance fee dropped the balance into the negative? Yeah...

I really want to try to get October's number of posts up a bit, so plan on me posting random worthless crap like this for a couple of days. Actually, maybe I'll just post one more October closer (clozer, not closer).

Hey, if you haven't checked this article out, I suggest you do immediately. It's staggering in a freak show or E! True Hollywood Story way.



Last worthless thing. Without further ado, I present...













...my dream car.Can you tell I ran out of things to say? Hopefully the weekend will be more eventful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Hardest Goodbyes

I had to post twice in a day. It's my final day in Korea and there are so many emotions running through ma veins, through ma brains. I u...