Monday, September 20, 2010

Fukuwhatka?

With a lot less money (and maybe energy) than I was hoping for, I am taking off for Fukuoka, Japan tomorrow for a few days. My good fortune seems to be increasing after decreasing for a short period of time, and I hope this isn't like that whole "manic-depression" thing where each swing is bigger than the last and eventually it spirals out of control and you end up in a padded room with no stimulation or friends. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I hope my swing of good luck extends into the end of the week and my Japan trip turns out well (and cheaper than expected).


In other news, I woke up this morning just in time to stream the end of the football game wherein the Redskins lose to the Texans. That's one thing I'm really going to miss: having a couple of beers with friends while weatching Sunday football. Here, all the games come on either while I'm sleeping or while I just woke up or while I'm at school in the morning. No chance for getting a couple of beers with friends while I'm sleeping and they're 9,000 miles away. Thanks, God. Thanks for nuthin.

I guess since those are the only two things I have to update you on before my departure to Busan tomorrow that this will be a relatively short post. But, I had to rub it in one last time that I am, in fact, going to Japan tomorrow and simultaneously ruin any good karma I've built up by doing so. Damn it, here comes that padded room...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Hardest Goodbyes

I had to post twice in a day. It's my final day in Korea and there are so many emotions running through ma veins, through ma brains. I u...