Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Vacation Looms

To be perfectly honest, I really have nothing noteworthy to post about, but I will because I forgot to show you this picture of a Blackout Korea moment:
"We got a possible fan death victim here. I'm gonna need an ambulance. Get forensics down here immediately." No, he got up eventually and walked off somewhere into traffic. I also wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying "Thunder Road" by Bruce Springsteen these days. Well, mainly just today.

Let's see. I killed the strangest looking little bugger in my apartment the other day. It was so strange looking that I had to take a picture of it. It was just hanging out upside down on the top of my little hobbit door. Now every time I open that door I examine the frame before I step through. Look at that little guy. Look at my thumb. Now you know how friggin huge it was. I'm not saying I have huge thumbs, but a bug that's the size of it warrants a picture. Some kind of weird cricket thing.

What in blazes!? It's a spooky ghost of Korea past!

So, why is it that Korean clothing stores feel the need to explain their "style" in English? Is it to convince us 위국인? Let's start with the men's wear store.

First of all, notice the shirts behind the sign. Two mens shirts with half a heart on them each. No wonder we need convincing. It's a country where the men look like women and the women look like Asian barbie dolls. That second part isn't so bad though. Now let's look at this one:
All I want you to take from this Confucius worthy proverb is that one cannot fly into flying. Dancing is important to learning how to fly. Just remember that the next time you build paper wings and climb up on the roof.

It's three days until I leave for Hawaii. Things to do list:
1) Haircut
2) Get contacts
3) Buy some stuff
4) Pack
5) Write various emails

This should, in theory and expectation, be finished today. I have a little going away thingymabobber tomorrow and Friday I leave for my Saturday morning flight. Oh the places you'll go! The things you'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Hardest Goodbyes

I had to post twice in a day. It's my final day in Korea and there are so many emotions running through ma veins, through ma brains. I u...