Friday, May 20, 2011

Mediocre Incoherency

Warning: As you may gather from the title, this post has no coherency. And it's mediocre.

I sometimes wonder if the strange dreams will ever stop. I had a pretty vivid one wherein Rick Moranis was sent to an alternate dimension where all the dead people go, but he wasn't dead himself. He then had to find a way back to his family while trying to thwart the evil ghost's plans of inhabiting his now soulless body before he can get back to it. If it's not already, it should be a summer blockbuster. What happened to Rick Moranis anyway? We need you now, Rick, more than ever. In the time of our greatest need, Rick has forsaken us. Why, Rick, why?

I had another that was played through twice. First as real life events, and second as a movie (I seem to like dreams that portray themselves as movies. Or maybe I just interpret them that way). Basically, a fellow teacher (that I am actually friends with in real life) didn't like me because I was taking care of his kids one weekend, so he set my house on fire with a lit cigarette. It turns out I wasn't that angry about the house, but moreso that he'd put his kids in danger (because they were inside) just to get back at me for doing something nice for him. So, I decided to leave the country.

In the movie version, my part was portrayed by an early '90s Mel Gibson and the other part was played by John Stamos. They taught at a prestigious New Zealand university, and instead of burning Mel Gibson's house down, John Stamos only peed in his gas tank because it turns out John Stamos' kids were actually fathered by Mel Gibson. As a result, Mel Gibson left New Zealand, but as his plane was taking off, it broke and crashed into the ocean.



I saw a kid's t-shirt today and it said, "We're more popular than Jesus." Man, I wish I had that shirt. Also, I wish that kid got the reference. How many people in America do you think would freak out at that shirt? Start burning things. Ban the Beatles and such.

You know how it's funny to us when someone doesn't know enough English to form a correct sentence so they just kind of wing it with what they have? Like instead of saying, "Yes, I'm sweating," they'll say, "Yes, many water comes"? Yeah, I do that all the time in Korean. I sound like some kind of idiot most of the time and people laugh at me. It's like I'm an unintentional comedian. Since I fail at being an intentional comedian, I guess I'll take what I can get.

I forgot to mention how a few weeks ago my landlord took me out to dinner randomly. Yes, Mr. Lee strikes one more time. Like a hat trick or something. Anyway, I'm just minding my own business when he knocks on my door and immediately grabs my hand when I answer. Luckily, he only holds it until we cross the street and enter the restaurant that I've lived across the street from for over a year, but never patronized. We sit down and what occurs in the next hour is him teaching me random Korean words. Some of them actually stuck, so I'm grateful for the experience (and the free meal) but it was funny to me that I had to remind him of the English word "water" yet he already knew how to say "penis." I guess males really are the same all around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Hardest Goodbyes

I had to post twice in a day. It's my final day in Korea and there are so many emotions running through ma veins, through ma brains. I u...