Monday, January 3, 2011

2011. The Man. The Legend. The 150th Blog Post.

Happy 150th blog post! Oh, thank you.
Happy New Year! What? That happened already?

Ok, yes, I know it happened already. Here's how Daegu rings in the New Year (pun intended):

First, the boys call on their mystical musical instruments.
Then, the girls answer with their mystical hips and hand motions.
Then, the boys and girls get together and create a mystical sensory overload in a whirlwind stage show.Then, at exactly 12:00 the mayor gets to help ring the giant bell with the help of his camera crews and his imperial guard. And then FIREWORKS SHOOTING FROM ROOFTOPS! I have video of this, but no photographs. I can't do both at the same time and it only lasted a couple of minutes. And you know how well it goes when I try to upload video longer than 10 seconds to the inter-webs.

So afterward some friends rented a multi-room, which consists of DVDs, Nintendo Wiis, karaoke, and internet computing. Pretty much like a standard living room in America, except in Korea everyone lives with their parents so they can't enjoy it the same way. And since they did this, I invited myself and crashed their party with my uncouth presence. It only took about an hour of me screaming into a microphone until they all left. It was a good time, indeed. Ideal Friday night.

The rest of the weekend was spent in the fetal position crying at what I've become. Just kidding, I went shyopping! Shut up, betch.

This week I have my first of two weeks of winter camp. Today went well, as I was subbing one day at a different school. That means the lesson was already made up for me. I just had to show up and teach it. Tomorrow is the beginning of my own lessons being showcased. So we'll see if the kids are keen on learning 18th century British law. I hope it's a hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Hardest Goodbyes

I had to post twice in a day. It's my final day in Korea and there are so many emotions running through ma veins, through ma brains. I u...