Monday, November 22, 2010

Take Me Home Tonight

Yes, I realize how poor of taste I have by not updating my blog for a full seven days. Especially when I was already backlogged seven days. Yes, I realize that this month may turn out to be the one with the lowest output yet. No, you don't have to rub it in my face. It's not my fault. Seriously, blame the Backstreet Boys for making "I Want It That Way" however many years ago and it still playing in certain Korean establishments I frequent. I lay depressed in my bed instead of updating my blog. It's one of those things that is akin to when I heard that some Army guy punched Monkey, the benevolent (and tiny, like a monkey) bartender in the face. You kind of lose a little faith in the future of mankind when injustices like that occur.

Anyway, I do have some news for you. Things happened over the last two weeks that I haven't told you about. First, the most important (and expensive) news:

I have booked my flight home...and back to Korea. That's called a round trip, kids. I will be heading to the land of the hoodwinked free on January 22nd, a Saturday, in the year of our Lord 2011. I will be returning to the land of maniacal ajummas on February 22nd (leaving the 21st). During my month of 불싵ing around Virginia, I would like to:

Eat my favorite meals (and subsequently get fat)
Drink good wine (and subsequently get drunk?)
See everyone on my list of people to see
Procure a year's worth of supplies that I now know I can't get easily in Korea
Celebrate Christmas
Buy a new camera (the old one is fine, but come on, bra. It's a little silly and I get frustrated sometimes)
Visit somewhere I've never been/haven't been to in a very long time (I'm eyeing you, Mt. Vernon/Gettysburg)

Now, for the second, less exciting (but cheaper!) news: I had my play on Saturday last. Here's the full cast:
Sorry, not in costume. We were done and it was hot in those things, so we changed immediately after finishing. But, it was fun. The little chilluns liked it, and there is a video in existence. Now, there's just the matter of getting hold of a copy. Also, the kids were aware of our coming to their school, so they made these cute little posters for us:This is just a small sample of a hallway filled with posters. So sweet, those little kids. Sixth graders have a heart after all. Actually, their teacher most likely made them do it, but still. It's nice enough.

Yesterday, Sunday, I went with some folks down by the river (sorry, there was no van or sighting of Chris Farley) to toss a frisbee around. I'm actually not really a hippie. The weather was nice enough that you hardly needed a jacket and I was trying not to feel lazy. Here's a nice river shot for you folks...Yes, that's a fountain and not a school of fish putting on a visual spectacle for the Korean masses. Actually, I have felt like a semi large writer's block has wedged itself into my brain lately. Coupled with apathy, that's a death-knell for a blog. I don't want it to get to that point. I am also poor (as I have paid for a plane ticket home [round trip, remember?]) and am feeling the pinch lately. This diminishes the chance for crazy Korean mishaps. I will try to think of other things to instead fill this blog with. Oh, woe is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Hardest Goodbyes

I had to post twice in a day. It's my final day in Korea and there are so many emotions running through ma veins, through ma brains. I u...