Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gobble Gobble

GobblegobblegobblegobblegobblegobbleIhateyougobblegobblegobblegobblegobblegobblegobblegobble. Happy Thanksgiving, everybody. While you're gobbledy gobbling down turkey or whatever substitute you like to eat, I'll be working at work on a normal Thursday. For those of you who asked if they celebrate Turkey Day in Korea, well...you better have just been teasing me about me missing it. Fear not, citizens. I will be celebrating Turkey Day with the best of them...only on Saturday instead of Thursday. Yes, yes, blasphemy, I know. But! I get a day to celebrate the greatest day of gluttony in America. What I don't get is this:Curses to you Americans in America who get to sample this fruit. You are reading it correctly. Turkey & Gravy Soda by Jones Soda Co. complete with two blue balls. The symbolism there must be coincidental. I'm really curious, to be honest. It must either betray true turkey and gravy flavor to be palatable or it must be really damn disgusting.

Either way, I'm going to Costco tonight to pick up the bestest Costco made pumpkin pie I can find. I don't care if everybody else brings pumpkin pie to the potluck on Saturday. That just means there will be plenty of it. What's Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie? You may also ask out loud, to the horror of those who can overhear you talking to yourself, "Will you have turkey on this Turkey Day of turkey days? The answer to your question is a loud, resounding, "If they deliver it to the proper address."

You see, dear readers, our local expat magazine, "Daegu Pockets," has been kind enough to find a way to deliver cooked turkeys directly to your door. Without this service, I imagine it would be nearly impossible to find a turkey. Most Koreans I have spoken to have never tried turkey. Explaining the taste is a bit difficult. "Well, it's like chicken, but not. Kind of. Uh...it's bigger?" So, props to the 'Pockets crew for getting that hurdle jumped.

Anyway, has anyone found a solution to my video editing problem yet? Get working, people! I don't pay you for nothing!

Also, may the happiest of Thanksgivings unfurl itself before you on this day (Wish the same for me on Saturday, you selfish jerks).

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Hardest Goodbyes

I had to post twice in a day. It's my final day in Korea and there are so many emotions running through ma veins, through ma brains. I u...