Monday, December 4, 2017

What, What? World Cup!

Just wanted to let you folks weep with jealousy for a minute. Today, I got word of the official drawings for the 2018 World Cup. I signed up for two game tickets (one solo ticket for two different games [because, again, I have no friends]) for the month-long event taking place in Russia next June to July, and I got both of my first choices. These will be in Kazan on June 27th, and Moscow on July 1st.

Since I purchased those tickets in the first round of sales (thus with the highest success rate of getting the tier I wanted [the cheapest, duh]), I didn't yet know who was playing the matches. I was slated to go to two random games, with not much thought as to who I would see. The experience was what I was after. I don't mind hanging out with Iranians or Brazilians or whatever.

Well, today I found out who the lucky teams were that would be graced with my watchful eye, and it could not have been a more fortuitous result. South Korea and Germany. In Kazan, which I am excited to visit for its own merits. (The teams playing in Moscow's game are still undecided, as they will be the winners of their first match.) Germany is, like, real good at soccer, y'all. They could win the whole thing. But that's not nearly as important as their rival. As you probably know, South Korea has been my home for seven years, and the only team out of the 32 that I would actually give a serious damn about. I'm doubly excited now that I get to see them play AT THE MUFUGGIN' WORLD CUP!



Just look at those handsome fellas. Representing the Republic of Korea, and I'll be there screaming my head off in support of them the whole game. Don't let me down, guys. The webbernet says you've got around a 18% chance of beating Germany. Well, it was a 6% chance I'd get to see South Korea play out of all the teams, and THAT's happening, so come on. 'Tis the season of miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Hardest Goodbyes

I had to post twice in a day. It's my final day in Korea and there are so many emotions running through ma veins, through ma brains. I u...